UPDATE 08 NOVEMBER 2020.
Following the recent British Cycling guidance Dittons Velo has restricted group rides again.
- No more than 2 riders.
- Observe social distancing of 2m while riding.
- Social distancing is observed when at coffee stops and meeting up.
- No large congregations of riders before or after rides.
Specifically to Dittons Velo rides.
- With the closure of Café Rouge there is currently no official meeting point.
- All rides to be organised in advance via FB events so you can’t just turn up for a ride.
- Rides to start from different locations or at different times.
- This means we need more people to volunteer to lead rides.
- Please double check that you have enough spares to cope with more than one puncture. We advise carrying disposable gloves in case you do need to help someone else as well (and keep your hands clean!).
- Try to avoid cycling to popular, crowded destinations and on busy roads.
British Cycling – The Way Forward (5th Nov 2020). link – https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/about/article/20200723-Our-plan-to-resume-cycling-events-and-activities-0
Cycling UK- Is it safe to cycle (19 June). link – https://www.cyclinguk.org/article/coronavirus-qa-it-safe-cycle