UPDATE 20 JUNE 2020.
Following British Cycling guidance on 18th June 2020 Dittons Velo can restart group rides within the following limitations.
- Small groups of no more than 6 riders.
- Observe social distancing of 2m while riding.
- Social distancing is observed when meeting up.
- No large congregations of riders before or after rides.
Specifically to Dittons Velo rides.
- With the closure of Café Rouge there is no official meeting point.
- All rides to be organised in advance via FB events so you can’t just turn up for a ride.
- Rides to start from different locations or at different times.
- This means we need more people to volunteer to lead rides.
- Please double check that you have enough spares to cope with more than one puncture. We advise carrying disposable gloves in case you do need to help someone else as well (and keep your hands clean!).
- Try to avoid cycling to popular, crowded destinations and on busy roads.
British Cycling – The Way Forward (18 June). link – https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/zuvvi/media/The_Way_Forward_18-06-20_FINAL.pdf
Cycling UK- Is it safe to cycle (19 June). link – https://www.cyclinguk.org/article/coronavirus-qa-it-safe-cycle