8 ways up Leith Hill – for the brave amongst you…
The route starts in Dorking and ends at the top of Leith Hill on the 8th climb – so beware: the GPX is not the full distance! (full distance c.100miles if riding to and from Esher).
I found my Garmin got confused with all the crossing over at the top so the following list should help.
The climbs in order:
- Coldharbour (descend Leith Hill Road-Hollow Lane)
- Pasturewood (descend Leith Hill Road to Ockley Road)
- Broomhall Road (descend Leith Hill Road- Abinger Lane)
- Hollow Lane (descend Coldharbour-Logmore Lane)
- Sheephouse Lane (descend Leith Hill Road to Ockley Road)
- Henhurst Cross/Anstie Lane (descend Leith Hill Road-Pasturewood)
- Leith Hill Road (descend Leith Hill Road-Pasturewood)
- Tanhurst Lane (descent – Abinger Lane and up Whitedown was our way back to HQ!)
Gerda sumed it up… “thank goodness an Octopus only has 8 legs!”